SSMS 18.0 (Preview 6) is the most recent generation of SQL Server Management Studio that has full support for SQL Server 2019 Preview. SSMS 18.0 (Preview 6) was released on 18th Dec 2018 and it’s build number is 15.0.18075.0.
Before installing SSMS 18.0 (Preview 6), ensure that you don’t have any previous version of SSMS 18.0 installed. SSMS 18.x can not be used to upgrade or replace SSMS 17.x or prior versions of SSMS. You can install SSMS 18.0 Preview next to each other with SSMS 17.x or prior releases.
SSMS 18.0 (Preview 6) works with every version of SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2019 preview. It likewise gives the best level of support for working with the most recent cloud features in Microsoft Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
SSMS 18.0 (Preview 5) can be installed on following 64-bit operating systems when utilized with the most recent available service packs:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) Requires version 1607 (10.0.14939) or later
- Windows Server 2016 Requires version 1607 (10.0.14939) or later
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)